Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Slideshows, Clinics, and Traveling

Today I confirmed a two day event at Central Washington University in which I will have the opportunity to share some of my stories and climbing experience with the psyched climbing community there. Climbing (especially professionally) is, by most counts, a selfish endeavor. For this reason, I love doing events such as this one at CWU. If you are in the area of CWU on May 2 and 3rd, be sure to come check it out. I'll be offering four, 2-hour clinics, ranging in scope from technique and movement to making your mind your most powerful asset as a climber. The next day, I will present my slideshow, The Road to Ambrosia. 

I am psyched to travel to wherever there is a psyched community of climbers, so if you think your home gym or college would want to host something like this, email me at: kevin.jorgeson@gmail.com 

I am looking to schedule events during the following dates:
May 20-27
June 1-6

After the May 2 and 3 event, I'll be headed to Bishop to give back to the area in which I have spent so much time. The Eastern Sierra Climber's Coalition and Friends of the Inyo are organizing a trail work day on Saturday the 18th at the Buttermilks. If you are around, this is a great cause for an area that has been seeing exponentially increasing traffic. 

Following this event, it's off to Colorado for some climbing and the Rocky Mountain Highball world premiere, presented by the American Alpine Club. Speaking of the AAC, they offer this really cool feature as part of their membership called the Global Rescue Service. With no elevation restrictions, GRS will provide, arrange, and pay all necessary and ordinary expenses for rescue, air and/or surface transport to the nearest medical transport up to $5000 as part of your standard AAC membership. When I heard about this feature last year, my family signed me up before I could even do so myself. 

On top of all the other great benefits you receive with an AAC membership, the rates are more than reasonable. Check them out: www.americanalpineclub.org

I hope everyone is getting some good weather, allowing them to get out and enjoy the natural world. Remember, we leave an impact wherever we go. Make it the smallest impact possible.

KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment